Wednesday 7 October 2015

Exhibition at Northern Monk Brewery


So as a start to my degree in Graphic Design, some friends and I decided to have an explore of some of the up and coming talent in Leeds. We visited an exhibition at the Northern Monk Brewery put on by City College. I fell in love with this piece, by Art Enterprise student Joanna (surname unknown). Their work had to be presented on a huge piece of polythene sheeting, and one of my friends on the course found this the hardest aspect. The contrast between the negative space creating typography and the vivid acrylic paint splatters hypnotizes me. Its unclear in the image (iphone quality), but you could actually see other students work shimmering through the plastic. The way the stencil effect isn't perfect is my favorite aspect to this piece as the textural quality really projects the message cast.

No comments:

Post a Comment